Guys,

> > It would certainly be useful, but means work. In the meantime, you can
> > do search/replace on the .lyx file, which is not worse than the latex
> > file...
>
> Thanks, thats a useful idea - never thought of that... Maybe the
> find-replace
> popup could have a mode-less operation, so it could daringly do
> precisely
> this inside Lyx? Anyway, I will try your suggestion, it will save me
> quite a lot of time already.

This is not a bad idea.  I regularly wish to change my labels and as
yet one cannot edit them, but rather must retype them.  Instead of doing this I
often do a global search and replace with a text editor on the .lyx file.
I've also done it with maths (when a reviewer was unhappy with my choice
of variables).  It would be nice if we could do that from within Lyx rather
than the text editor???

> Thanks to the Lyx team for all their help and support for a great
> program.

Ditto!!

Ben