Kayvan> This will probably be more useful to you.

Kayvan> The problem only appears when you have a multi-line "Abstract"
Kayvan> in the article class. I still don't know why, and I need to
Kayvan> get back to working on the paper for now. Hopefully Lars or
Kayvan> somebody else can track this down now that it's in a small
Kayvan> test-case.

It seems that the problem is rather related to the line breaks on the
top and bottom of the table of contents. What seems to happen is that,
when you click on the inset, the window is scrolled to show the whole
paragraph (top page break + TOC + bottom page break) but the algorithm
which does that is not really invariant...

Concerning the second example, it exhibits the same problems, provided
you resize vertically the window to be small enough. In fact, the
document has to be scrolled such that the bottom page break is just at
the bottom of the workarea.

Lars, does this ring a bell? LyX 1.1.4fix1 does not exhibit this
problem (I mean, the TOC moves at the first click, but you can get it
at the second one...).