Joost Verburg wrote:
Enrico Forestieri wrote:
Another idea is using a toolbar which always is context sensitive.
I mean it does not appear or disappear but only shows buttons having
a meaning for that context. When you change context, the buttons
change accordingly.

Microsoft Office 2007 will have a very nice user interface with a context-sensitive ribbon:

http://blogs.msdn.com/photos/jensenh/images/547376/original.aspx

This way you won't have a separate menu and toolbar anymore but an integrated way to access all features.

We talked a bit last here about merging the menu and the toolbar actions. But I am afraid we don't have enough human resources to do everything :-(

Abdel.