On Oct 30, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:

There are performance problems on Mac. I suggest that Mac users either work with small windows, big fonts or wait until we have partial refresh one way or another. Personally, I think such a change is too big to allow in 1.5.0, unless someone does it very, very soon.

I think this comment involves a misunderstanding of how dire the situation currently is on Mac. Even on a window with 6 lines of text 30 characters long there is noticeable lag in typing. Moreover, LyX on Mac will not start from the GUI; there's no cursor; menus are messed up (and the Preferences dialog is inaccessible); etc. LyX-1.5 is *completely* unusable on Mac.

Bennett