Georg Baum wrote:
Am Freitag, 5. Januar 2007 18:23 schrieb Bo Peng:

Persistent selection is against the "simple
mental model": The equation "selection == highlighted text on screen"
would not be true anymore.
There is another simple mental model: selection, copy to selection
buffer. middle-button paste, paste from selection buffer. This model
may be easier to understand since it is what clipboard does.

I don't like that, but I can live with that, leT's see what other think.

Me neither. And please note that the X selection protocol is supposed to be asynchronous i.e. copy should happen at paste time. The X selection is not an additional clipboard.

Abdel.