Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 04:08:14PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Edwin> why not set the language when installing lyx and be done with
Edwin> it...
 This is indeed what we do now.
Abdelrazak> What do you mean here? The current solution is to create a
Abdelrazak> batch file that sets LANG before launching LyX truly. I
Abdelrazak> rckon this is not a good solution.

It is not very nice indeed, but since we need the batch file anyway...
This is the content of the batch file:

@echo off
SET LC_ALL=en_EN
SET AIK_DATA_DIR=D:\program\LyX14\aiksaurus
start "LyX" "D:\program\LyX14\bin\lyx.exe" %*

Does the aiksaurus support really needs this variable or is there a way to put that in the lyxrc.dist and use that?

On Windows, the Aiksaurus data dir location can be set in the registry:
HKLM\Software\Aiksaurus\Data_Dir
The environment variable simply overrides the registry setting.

Very good then. Uwe, could you modify the package to do that?

The language setting could be asked to the system when LC_ALL or LANG
are not set in the environment. See for example:
http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2005/02/01/364707.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/Locales.mspx

So, the batch file is not needed, and, after all, neither setting it
in lyxrc.dist.

Unless you want a different language than the one defined in LANG. So it is really needed in the lyxrc.dist. As I see it, the package should ask by default if the system language is OK. If yes, put nothing in lyxrc.dist, if not ask the user which language he chooses and put that in lyxrc.dist.

Abdel.