Bo Peng wrote:
> A black command window will be started with lyx. This is useful for
> debugging, but annoying for normal users.

The debug output could be redirected to an editor on Window (and
optionally on other platforms too).

I have investigated this approach. Lyx relies on stdout/cout in many
places. Even if lyx itself can be made cout-free, scripts such as
lyx2lyx called by lyx may force a black command window when it is
started from a lyx.exe without stdout and try to get one from the OS.

I'm not sure about that but I will try.

The best approach, as far as I can see, is hide the command window
(the hidec.exe wrapper) and forward stdout to a window if needed
(pending). It is possible to use hidec.exe equivalence to fire
external scripts within lyx after making lyx a non-console
application, but that implies lots of work. If QProcess can start a
script without a flashing command window,

Of course it does, it is just a matter of re-directing the stdout/stderr thanks to pipes.

Abdel.