Even if lyx itself can be made cout-free, scripts such as
> lyx2lyx called by lyx may force a black command window when it is
> started from a lyx.exe without stdout and try to get one from the OS.

I'm not sure about that but I will try.

You need to compile lyx as a windows (rather than console)
application. Last time I tried, lyx opens and closes a console window
for each python script it starts.

> If QProcess can start a
> script without a flashing command window,

Of course it does, it is just a matter of re-directing the stdout/stderr
thanks to pipes.

Then we should replace all system() calls with QProcess. This was not
an option when I was writing hidec.exe, but we are allowed to use
non-GUI Qt classes now.

Bo