On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Bo Peng wrote:

 I'm not speaking against Joost, I really appreciate his work, he
 pushed us a huge step forward with his work on Aspell, Aiksaurus, etc.
 Create an installer that you want but support it! I'll remove my code
 ASAP from SVN, sorry that my doing provoke this debate.

Hi Bo

To me, the official installer is whatever the users find at www.lyx.org and ftp.lyx.org. But... how is this related to SVN? Why can't Uwe keep his bundled installer (or perhaps LyX distribution) in SVN even if it isn't the *official* installer?

What is the problem with keeping it in trunk? Is it the name of the sub-directory? If changing the name isn't enough, couldn't it just be kept in a separate tree? (The lyx source is in the tree 'lyx-devel', we also have e.g. the tree 'www-user').

Personally I don't see any conflict in "unofficialness" and being in the SVN trunk - I think we have precedents :-)

cheers
/Christian