Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Dov Feldstern wrote:

Comment for patch rtl_crash fix (available at: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/83713):

Please send again the patches against latest svn.

Fix a crash which occurs when RTL flag is turned on.

The crash was being caused by the fact that when moving back from the beginning of the line to the previous line (by pressing RIGHT in an RTL paragraph, or LEFT in an LTR one), Bidi metrics for the new line do not yet exist, but an attempt is made to access them.

Basically, this patch was created by trying to "symmetrically" copy cursorRight (which seems to work well) to cursorLeft (which was problematic).

Open issue:

inside cursorLeft, there's a condition from which I commented out two lines, but I'm not sure why they were in there in the cursorRight case. I did find that the first one (isLineSeparator) becomes true in a situation when I actually *do* want to enter that "if" --- that's why I commented it out. And I commented out the other one by analogy. But I'm really not sure about this...

See thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/83357/ for details.

I suggest to put all of this in a FIXME directly in the code.

Abdel.

Okay, this'll be a few minutes...