Neal Becker wrote:
> Oh, I did get an answer.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the message
> right now, but the answer is, that I need to make that agr->pdf instead of
> agr->pdf2.
>
> There was also a discussion that the use of pdf{,2,3} was really a broken
> design.

It is confusing, but the point is that there is a difference between a
format and a file type. Converters convert between formats, and
different formats may share a file type. True, one could also for the
definition of multiple converters between pairs of formats, but then
there would also need to be some mechanism for ordering them, since LyX
otherwise wouldn't know how to choose the right one in cases where it is
making that choice. Still, a bugzilla enchancement request nothing this
issue would be in order.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto