On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 12:23:27AM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:

> > Bo> I can not imagine anything else you might want to experiment in
> > Bo> 1.6.0.
> >
> > Enrico> What when insets are nested? Are you proposing to use a
> > Enrico> different colour for each nested inset? Nah...
> >
> > Only change the color of the deepest inset.
>
> So, there would be no difference in simply showing the corners
> of the deepest inset.
>
> > Enrico> What about my suggestion in the other thread?
> >
> > I'd have to install texmacs to understand it.
>
> You don't need to. Simply draw the corners of the active inset
> without reserving space for them.

I tried that a while ago and this is no good as the corners cover
part of the content, especially if you have a small font.

> If you are leaving an inset using
> arrow left or right and this inset is nested in another inset,
> show the corners of the new inset but don't move the cursor.
> When leaving an inset with arrow left/right, you actually move the
> cursor only if there is no containing inset. Even if the cursor
> is not moved, it logically belongs to an inset or another. Which
> one you can tell by looking at the status line.

Status line is good for exact information, but when entering a complex
formula one does not want to look on the formula, at the status line, at
the formula, at the status line  etc.

Andre'