The "List of algorithms" label cannot be customized (translated) into the output.

1. Create a new document
2. Choose a non english language
3. Insert a list of algorithms (Insert > List / TOC > List of Algorithms)
4. View the source (View > View Source)

The code corresponding to the "List of Algorithms" inset is '\listof {algorithm}{List of Algorithms}', which AFAIK is not customizable.

It would then be more convenient to use the command '\listofalgorithms' instead so that one could customize it...

Since this command isn't defined by default, adding "\providecommand {\listofalgorithms}{\listof{algorithm}{List of Algorithms}}" in the preamble does the job. This definition may now be overridden by the user, by loading 'algorithm.sty'/'algorithmic.sty', or just with a '\renewcommand' in the preamble.

The attached patch solves the problem. Please tell me if it's sufficient as I'm note sure if things are done in the right way...

Mael.