Lars> What compiler? (I _really_ dislike bad compilers)

Lars> Use

Lars> using SigC::Object;

Lars> and class LyXView : public Object then

Lars> perhaps some ifdef around the using is needed.

This is probably with gcc 2.8.1. However, this is somewhat a valid
point: wouldn't it be better to define a type like TimeOut::base_type,
so that we would know that LyXView uses these signals? Or do you plan
to use slots for other thing than timeout in this class?

The idea is that we should not have to care about LyXView using SigC.