Lars> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: |
Lars> This is probably with gcc 2.8.1. However, this is somewhat a
Lars> valid | point: wouldn't it be better to define a type like
Lars> TimeOut::base_type, | so that we would know that LyXView uses
Lars> these signals? Or do you plan | to use slots for other thing
Lars> than timeout in this class? | | The idea is that we should not
Lars> have to care about LyXView using | SigC.

Lars> But we have to care since that is how SigC++ works. All classes
Lars> that want to connect a member functions to a signal need to
Lars> inherig from SigC::Object. Of course we could use static
Lars> functions but then we do not gain much over callbacks.

What I mean is that we could add in TimeOut.h

#ifdef we_use_namespaces
        typedef SigC::Object base_type;
#else
        typedef Object base_type;
#endif

Something like the types used in STL objects. What I wanted to point
out is that it is more meaningful when readin the code in LyXView.h
(as in: "why the hell is it a child of SigC::Object?)