On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 08:33:00PM +0200, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> As far as I can see, the conclusion is that the numbering
> scheme as such is not that important.
> The main thing is to communicate which ever system is used.

I thought Lars and even one or two others agreed on a slight change in the
system. Something like changing 1.x.fixY to 1.x.Y. I agree with the idea,
because the only things that go into fix versions are things everyone should
get. So folks will be told to download the latest x and Y, which is a pretty
intuitive and simple system. (Even more intuitive and simple than the Linux
kernel system, IMO!)

Anyone who's curious about pre/cvs/whatever versions can take the time to
read the files describing the naming/numbering system. Which brings up
Asger's second point. No, I'm not volunteering for the job.

-Amir