On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 02:57:43PM +0100, Stephen Cornell wrote:

> When trying to open a file which is already open in LyX, the user is
> confronted with `The document blah.lyx is already loaded.  Do you
> want to revert to the saved version? <revert> <switch to document>.'
>
> `Switch' and `revert' are too ambiguous - no matter how many times I
> see this, each time I have to pause and think hard before selecting
> an option, especially as choosing the wrong one might lose work
> irretrievably!.
>
> I think the following would be clearer; I'm sure this can be improved
> still further:
> `The document blah.lyx is already open in LyX.  Do you want to read
> the version saved on disk? <read from disk> <switch to open document> .'

Two problems:

1 - wording is too long for push buttons
2 - new description misses out the critical part - that choosing to load
the disk version will revert any changes you've made in the unsaved one

I agree that what's there now could be improved, but I don't think your
suggestion is a step forwards. Any other ideas?

regards
john