John Levon wrote:
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 01:03:38AM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:
I helped a friend upgrade his lyx 1.3.7 to 1.5.1, and waited for his
praises while he played with the new version....
It's because nobody ever finished character styles. It should have gone
like this:

F: Where's bold?
B: Why do you want bold?
F: well, I want to type bold text.
B: But what's the *meaning* of it being bold? You must intend something
by it, otherwise you'd type everything in bold, or never.
F: Well I suppose I want to use it to mark commands the user should
enter
b: Ah, then you should use the <foo> character style
+lots---though, that said, there are times you just need a bit of boldface.

And there is this problem, too, continuing the discussion.

F: And where do I find the foo character style?
B: <Runs like he's being chased by wild coyotes before telling F he has to define it in his layout file.>

That's why we need an *integrated* GUI layout editor.

Richard