On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 11:28:54PM +0900, R. Lahaye wrote:

> I should say that in a new layout the "TOC" entry is
> *renamed* into "Goto", so other jumps in the text can be
> added to this entry. Such a goto entry could then possibly
> look like this:
>
>      Goto->References->...
>            Table Of Contents->...
>            List Of Figures->...
>            List Of Tables->...
>            List Of Algorithms->...
>            Note
>            Error
>            Go Back
>            ----
>            [ one could add here the actual ]
>            [ TOC of the current document   ]

  Yes, I noticed, but that is too much work, that's why I prefer as
a main menu.

  This is a personnal note, I like it, since it enhances the document
navigation. Last friday I participate in a Linux Instalation Party
representing my school (Porto Economical School) and LyX (of course!)
One of the major hits for the people that already use LyX was that menu.

  Probably Jean-Marc's work will render this discussion useless, allowing
to configure the menus from the configuration file (Will this go in the new
preferences menu?). Talking with people there I noticed that the klyx ability
to use the drop menus directly, instead of opening a different window, for
math, and so, was the only direct advantage that people noticed.

  As usual people got very impressed with LyX, if I may say so. ;»)

--
José