On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 09:45:13PM +0100, John Levon wrote:

> > > How do you expect a reasonable discourse when you characterize your
> > > opponents thus?
> >
> > Why do you think I expect a reasonable discourse?
> >
> > The last few iterations of this particular discussion were not really
> > productive, were they?
>
> I still don't see a reason to be quite so rude, but never mind. You were
> always entirely intransigent on this matter.
>
> john

Perhaps Andre doesn't suffer fools gladly, in which case I sympathise.
Not implying that you're one of those fools, but the refusal by so many
on this list to accept a UI paradigm for LyX that matches hand-in-glove
the natural structure of the feature concerned, the one that all the
popular mark-up systems impose on their material (to spell it out:
hierarchy, not bit strings), seems -- well, a little foolish ;-)

Text-only channels are notoriously poor at diplomacy.

- Martin