Helge Hafting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> In mathed, repeated spaces cycle though whitespaces of different width.
>> It's fun when you get used to it, but intuitive? Hardly. These are
>> gimmicks.
>>
> I think that is simple enough - press space again to get bigger space.
> Whether bigger space is done with a bigger space entity
> or consecutive small spaces is an implementation detail.

Yes, I think this is typically a good idea, the kind of idea we should
encourage in LyX. Like the break-paragraph-skip lfun that adds a
default skip before the paragraph when pressing enter on an empty
layout (I am not sure it still works, though). It is a bit like "I
understand what you are trying to do, but multiple space is not a good
idea".