Tommaso Cucinotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Actually, the curious thing is that, AFAIK, LyX would be the
> 1st word processor ever with such a find feature (e.g. not a
> simple text field, but an enhanced one, especially useful
> for searching complex maths). But I'm just considering
> the few applications I use every day... who knows about
> others ?

I like this new search. One thing that would be nice is to merge this
'advanced' search with the plain one (we do not need two searches):
the plain search should still be plain to use, and the 'advanced' one
should add some more options maybe (your current dialog is a bit
overcrowded).

Another great feature we could steal from acrobat reader is to show a
list of hits in the document (with some context) allowing the user to
go directly to the right one. Of course, if the side bar is already
full like it is now, it is a bit difficult. But I think this feature
would be at least as important as 'advanced search'.