> Should greek characters be automatically in greek language? I thought
> the two were separated.

I don't think we could do this. Take for example Cyrillic: Russian users might find it useful to convert Cyrillic characters to Russian, but what about the Ukrainian, Bulgarian, ..., users? They will surely pissed-off when they copy characters and get the wrong language.

But anyway, I think people who use Greek, Cyrillic, etc. will know how to
handle it.
Currently, when you use the right document language, you can copy characters and don't need to do anything and it works - that's how it should be. For users who use Greek, Cyrillic as foreign language will have to mark the pasted foreign characters as such - that's also how it should be.

regards Uwe