Helge Hafting schrieb:

As I said, then he mark it as Greek in the GUI and get a perfect output.

That is a nice workaround - but a workaround is what it is.

That is no workaround, that's how it should work, this is intended. When you insert words from other language, mark them as such. When you document language is the same as the words you are inserting you don't need to have to anything.

LyX should aim to never get a compile failure, as long as no
bad ERT or homemade styles are used.

This is impossible, e.g. what should we do when you insert a Thai, Devanagari, Japanese, ... character? Even when you insert a e.g. French stuff you have to mark it as French to get the right hyphenation, etc. How should we know what language a character is for.

As I stated earlier in this thread there is no reason why we should handle Greek different than the other languages.

regards Uwe