Allan> Ahh. I misunderstood your cvslog posting. Those are currently
Allan> called directly from within the menu code (Menu?? callback) so
Allan> I guess you should add a lyxfunc for them that simply calls
Allan> whatever function in lyx_cb.C builds them. Then as I get
Allan> Preferences working I'll remove them again ;-) Oh and I don't
Allan> think options-preferences is the write name. It should be
Allan> lyx-preferences since it is a global scope dialog. I don't
Allan> think we should use the menu structure to name the lyxfuncs.

I did not want to introduce function for something that was go away a
few days later. That's why I prefer to let you devise you own plans
(especially for 1.1.6, for which I want working menus).

Allan> BTW, I know you core-devvies are out there. When are you blokes
Allan> going to check my new LDN out for errors so I can unleash it on
Allan> the world?

It is funnier to point out obvious errors afterwards:) Hmm, OK, let's
see... You could mention Herbert Voss' tips page
  http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/Informatik/LyXTips.html

Also, on non-smiley day, one is allowed to say bad things even if they
are not justified (or true). That's much more funny this way:)