LaTeX. LyX is not a page design tool; the page layout is done by LaTeX
which in turns calls TeX. If LaTeX cannot handle what you want to do, LyX
will not be able to do it at all.

#1: Again, LyX is WYSIWYM - What You See Is What You Mean - not WYSIWYG.
LyX gives you visual clues as to what the document will look like, not
actually laying it out that way.

#3: This may be doable with PSTricks, but certainly not "natively".

#10 and #12: These two points show exactly why LyX is not the right tool.
Guides, rules, and layers are completely antithetical to the markup
language approach that LyX (because of LaTeX) chooses to use. One marks
something as a "section" in LyX - you don't tell LyX how or where to place
that on the page.

#14: These are called Layouts and are fundamental to LyX.

There are a few good ideas here which is why I'm forwarding to the LyX
Developer list. However, if you are doing magazine page layout, LyX is
simply not the right tool for the job.

Mike

--
Mike Ressler