> I'm not familiar with doxygen, so just look at the example at the end as
> something intended to illustrate what I mean. Basically I suggest allowing
> the LFUN enums to be unsorted, but let the documentation of the LFUN refer
> to small documentation sections that describe the category to which the
> LFUN belongs. For instance, the LFUN 'char-backward' could refer to a
> section that describes LFUNs that are related to cursor movement in
> general. This section could for instance explain what 'backward' means when
> using RTL. If we are ambitious, this section could also list the LFUNs
> related to cursor movement.

now i understand :) sounds too ambitious to me - in other words feel free
to do it if you have time. from my pov it will take quite long time to
complete even the current doxy style...

> My hope is that by referring to the sections I mentioned above, we don't
> feel it is necessary to sort them now. (If we do sort them, I think they
> should be sorted alphabetically).

either sort it thematically or let it be. the alphabetical sort in the final
output can be crafted be some script.

pavel