The machine (Athlon 2000+) has been bought from the project's fund and from time to time Lars asks > on lyx-users whether somebody could renew the lyx.org name. That is all there is to it.

I propose that we should collect the money for the new machine and try
to relocate it to André's location at Trolltech in Berlin. Doing so
assures the support from Trolltech and we have André who whe can contact
when there are problems.
We benefit a lot from Trolltech's support and I hope they will kindly
support us in the future too.

Collecting money for a single server should hopefully not so
problematic. But before we start doing this, we should clearify the
details: what machine to buy, its final location, person who we cantact
in case there are problems that can only be solved by hardware.

regards Uwe