Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Andre Poenitz schrieb:

I propose that we should collect the money for the new machine and try to relocate it to André's location at Trolltech in Berlin.

Note that I am not the one who can decide that...

Hello André,

I know that ou can't decide it, it was only a proposal. Could you ask someone at Trolltech about our server?
We have the following options:

- buy more memory ->
  we need to ask someone at Trolltech to build it into the machine

The discussion elsewhere seems to me to suggest that this is the best option. For what we're running, it'd be surprising if an Athlon 2000+ wasn't more than adequate. The problem seems to be swapping. In any event, it will likely be a lot cheaper to install a bit of memory than to get a new server.

Then again, we could also use a bigger /var partition, right?

rh