José Matos wrote:

>> Would it be really more difficult to support that through the include
>> inset? Will it be easy later on to go from your solution to a 'proper'
>> solution (whatever it may be?)
>
> I think this is in line with the figure and external insets merge that has
> been discussed so may times in the past.

Exactly. The advantage with the external inset is that we can reuse
resizing, rotating, draft and other widgets.

Apart from that, we should really aim at merging the external with the
graphic inset (in the 1.7 cycle).

BTW if I find time, I'm also trying to implement similar support for the
movie15 package. This will work around the remaining problems with paths
people have when using ERT. However, this is slightly more difficult, since
we need height and width values separately for the \includemovie command.
Now, we only have a preformatted "resize" string in the external inset.

Jürgen