Hi Bennett,

Bennett Helm wrote:
I'm getting a genuine problem on Mac when I try cross compiling for PPC. I'm
doing exactly what I did for 1.6 beta 3, but now I get this:

ranlib: archive member: .libs/liblyxsupport.a(LinkBack.o) cputype (7) does
not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)

Am I doing something wrong? (Note that I do make distclean before
configuring for cross compilation, so I'm not sure why I'm getting the
"cputype does not match previous archive members cputype" error ... whatever
that means.)

This error means that the (mac-specific) LinkBack stuff does not get re-compiled for PPC. The linker only finds the Intel stuff (even though you are compiling for PPC) and complains.

Could it be that distclean misses to delete the LinkBack stuff?
You could try to re-start from a fresh tar-ball after compiling Intel (instead of a make distclean) to see if that is the problem.

Do you send me the build script you use right now?

Unfortunately I will not have time to look into it this weekend though.

/Konrad