José Matos wrote:
> OK, I am now waiting for cygwin (or is it mingw? Enrico!) and windows, and
> other linux distributions.
>
> If we have a nod from the first two I think that we can lift the freeze.

sorry i'm meddling here, but i found it quite unfortunate to hold
the freeze until all arch maintainers awaken from the winter sleep.

what about the solution taken in the antecedent releases with the addition,
that in case some brown paper bag issue happens you can always make branch
with on or two fixes commit, which will be later tagged and released?

(in my opinion, even the last dummy beta-1/2 are better, compared to the
situation all development stops wait until somebody goes to read dev-list one
day - we are clearly not organized enough to keep it this way.)

pavel