Jürgen Spitzmüller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My proposal: Add an output flavor PLATEX, add a new file format "LaTeX
> (pLaTeX)" and respective converters to PDF and DVI, and if japanese is
> required (we store that in LaTeXFeatures) use this flavor, which lets LyX
> automatically pass those converters to the scripts instead of latex and
> pdflatex.

Hi, Jürgen.
Thank you for your reply.

I still do not understand the flavor mechanism well.
Could you please tell me how LyX automatically detect if Japanese platex
is required ?

I can not find any automatic way to select flavor PLATEX between PLATEX and
LATEX.

It is impossible to select flavor by means of file extention; The file
extenstion of platex file (.tex) is the same as that of latex file.

It might be possible to determine flavor by a class file name that a user
specified. However, class files have not been activated in the
conventional LyX. This is the most crucial problem in the conventional LyX
for platex users.

Therefore, there should be a way for platex users to specify flavor
manually, say, in a GUI panel.

In the previous patch, I used the LaTeX -> DVI converter to specify
'flavor'. Then, it is obvious that the user wants to use platex.
Even though you introduce PLATEX flaver, only defference between
PLATEX and LATEX is lyx::theConverter::latex_converter_ . Reconfigure
panel will be another chance to specify the flavor.

Thank you.
Tetsuya Makimura