Tetsuya Makimura wrote:
> Hi, Jürgen.
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I still do not understand the flavor mechanism well.
> Could you please tell me how LyX automatically detect if Japanese platex
> is required ?

First, we need to use our LaTeXFeatures mechanism to tell LyX that we use the
japanese package. I've done that in the following patch, which is not applied
yet (since it still needs testing):
http://bugzilla.lyx.org/attachment.cgi?id=2678&action=view

Using this, you could then specify e.g. in Buffer::doExport and probably other
places, where this is needed:

        } else {
                backend_format = format;
                // FIXME: Don't hardcode format names here, but use a flag
                if (backend_format == "pdflatex")
                        runparams.flavor = OutputParams::PDFLATEX;
+               else if (runparams.use_japanese)
+                       runparams.flavor = OutputParams::PLATEX;
        }

I guess you will need to go further through the code. Flavor is spreaded all
over the place, but I'm sure it can be implemented this way.

> Therefore, there should be a way for platex users to specify flavor
> manually, say, in a GUI panel.

I think we can do better.

Jürgen