Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
- it is very sneaky to remove the View menu again.. Moving all items
from the Window menu into the View menu would ALSO be an option...

If you propose something like this, then please propose a LyX-Menu-HIG.

- The File->New Window and File->Close Window don't deserve to be the
first items. All applications I know have a first item called "New
(File)" and the first item after the first separator "Close (File)" *.
The new/close window options are hardly used (just a guess) and are now
really in the way when I want a new or to close a file (because of
habit/intuition).

I like it though the way it is - because it is logic (all opens and closes in one group).

* This of course only holds when applications can create new files or
open them. I know that IE has a first item New->Window, but that is a
totally different application.

Same for (cross-platform) firefox and safari. But of course, your argument holds.

- Following 'my' logic about the File menu and content-related stuff,
the Compressed item should be in the File menu. It has nothing to do
with the content, just with how it is saved. Would it be an option to
insert between "Save all.." and "Revert to saved" (or maybe one below)
an item "Save compressed.." ?

I agree!

- What is the difference between the Latex Source Panel, Navigation
panel and Toolbars ? Shouldn't these be next to each other ? Preferably
in a View menu, otherwise in a Window menu. ?

That Panels are seen (following the HIG) as separate windows, whereas Toobar is a within-the-window option.

/Konrad