On 22/09/2008 12:17, Uwe Brauer wrote:
"Christian" == Christian Ridderström<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

    >  On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Uwe Brauer wrote:

[snip]

    >>  -  a document which is around 50 pages

    >  I really think you'd be better of with a VCS, but it might be worth a
try.

The adavantage is to have a server, which looks intuive. VCS seems to
have a non flat learning curve and then it is not clear to me how to
interchange files, by email?

No, LyX would take care of all the complicated stuff in this mode of operation (theoretically!)

    >  Please note that there are things which may prohibit the solution
    >  describe above. For instance, I worry that it will not be safe to
    >  compile the .lyx-file on the server, as the .lyx-file could contain
    >  LaTeX code that compromises the security of the server...

    >  Anyway, as I said above, I'd like to see/discuss some detailed use
    >  cases before actually thinking of implementing anything. If you like,
    >  you can start writing on a use case on this page:
    >        http://wiki.lyx.org/Devel/WikiLyXUseCase

I do this but first a confession about my ignorance, what is _cases_

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case

Abdel.