>> yes, then we could do that. But note that there'd be no way to manage the
>> order of the bindings then, and no indication of what they are. So I'm
>> inclined not to allow "adding" a binding via the shortcut panel unless
>> those problems are solved. And maybe we could also disallow rebinding a key
>> that has multiple bindings. I don't know. This seems to call for listing
>> the bindings by key, rather than by LFUN.
>
> i dont have strong opinion about that. but as is shown above order maybe
> important.
>
>> By the way---this isn't necessarily for you, Pavel---I've noticed some
>> oddities in the shortcut dialog while working on this. First, it seems
>> bindings from site.bind don't show up in the dialog. They should, at least
>> so you know what they are. Attempts to overwrite these bindings seem to
>> fail, as well, though they "look" as if they work. For example, if you try
>> to bind Shift-Tab to accent-umlaut, it shows up in the panel, but it
>> doesn't work. Second, but presumably easier to solve: Hitting "Remove"
>> doesn't active "Apply".
>
> Bo maybe has the idea what going on?

I have not followed the list for a while. I have no idea what \addbind
is. The original ideas were that

1. \bind adds a shortcut, there may be many shortcuts for a LFUN.
2. \unbind hides a shortcut. I say 'hide' because system bindings can
not be 'removed'.
3. /path/to/lyx/share/bind/site.bind is surpposed to be loaded by
default, as well as /path/to/usr/bind/user.bind.

I can have a look at the code at the end of this week if needed.

Cheers,
Bo