Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2008-12-13, Konrad Hofbauer wrote:
*Feature suggestion*

It would be nice to have something like a LyX Note, the content of which being treated in the different components of LyX as if it would not be there. Or to give the Latex-Comment-Note this behaviour, or make it configurable ...

There are already branches, that are configurable.

Thanks for pointing this out. I should look at this.

Unfortunately, LyX does not "count" section headings inside an inactive
branch but shows the still in the outliner.

Well ...

I would counter the claim. I use it more like Jürgen to work around
shortcomings of LyX or to insert, well, notes.

That's why I changed it to asking for a new feature. ;)
But the need to use Notes as a placeholer or to get outline-entries more points to that there is something else missing.

I mean, GUI conception wise, why should a section that does not appear in the output appear in the document outline?

Maybe because this way you can find your note easily?

Maybe I do not want to?

This is like if code blocks that are commented out would still appear in the function list of a programming IDE.

/Konrad

P.S. Let's put it different: how can I get around this?