On 2008-12-13, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> I usually put a normal section in a LyX note next to that in order to
>> navigate to those sections with the outliner.

> This is typically a way to abuse Notes.

A similar (ab?)use of LyX-Notes is defining a math-macro for a command
provided by a package or some other means: This will ensure the
replacement is shown in LyX instead of some evil red...

IMO, a "LyX-Note" could be defined as

LyX-Note:
   seen by LyX but hidden from LaTeX.

it is in a certain way the opposite of an ERT-box, which allows
commands to LaTeX 'unseen' by LyX.

It is my conviction, that such a tool is needed much the same as the
ERT is needed for "corner cases". If we forbid the use of a LyX-Note
in these cases, we would have to re-invent this tool.

> I think notes should not be
> part of the outliner...

I would prefer to keep the LyX-note as-is and fix and propagate
branches for text-parts that should be hidden to both, LyX and LaTeX.

Günter