Dear Christian and Everybody,

>>> The only good reason would be that they are not enough kept to date.
>>> What if there is a download page in german, but it does not have the
>>> latest versions?

I tried to hack the site to help maintaining the download links in each
localization. I found a convenient way to achieve this.

On my local server it works perfectly, so I uploaded into the Hungarian
localization. If it suits our needs, it can be distributed into the
English and Japanese download pages.

1. I have created a page in the main group:
http://www.lyx.org/DownloadLinks?action=edit
Please check it. It contains no viewable text at the moment, but rather
the download links, version text, and some common text in variables.

2. On my local download page:
http://www.lyx.org/WebHu.Download I have imported these variables, so
that page does not needs to be changed when one of the links changes.
Only the main DownloadLinks page needs to be updated.

Using this way, we can update all links in all pages at once.

Alex

PS.: Thanks for the Hungarian flag :)