This is to give you an update on what is happening.

We (I) and agreed deadline with trolltech/nokie that aussie will be turned
off the 23. This is in one week.

Before then all services running on aussie must be moved to other places. So
far mail for lyx developers have been moved.

We have got a new (virtual) server at the University of Bonn. The server can
be reached at lyx.lyx.org. This server is running debian,
and I am having some problems adjusting, nothing major, but debian is a
novel experience to me.

So far I have got subversion and trac up and going. Subversion read-only for
now.

I know a bit too little about the new scheme you are using for the web
pages, so if you one of you have
a better grip give me a holler and we can work together at getting that up
and working. Chr has said that we will
help out with the wiki.

Bugzilla is what worries me the most, our installation on aussie is old and
I have no idea how easy it will be to domp that db
and reload/upgrade in a different location. So if any of you really know
bugzilla installation/administratiion give a holler.

Anyhow... since the deadline is looming we have to concentrate efforts, and
perhaps, in a couple of cases (wiki and bugzilla)
live with a inferiour solution for a short time.

Short after aussie is turned off I will move it to my place, first to have a
place for the old stuff that we can use to get the new server up
and going, second as a backup server for later. (non-public, but accesible
for lyx devvies)

On the agenda now is to move the official svn server over to lyx.lyx.org,
the work has been done (only requires an update every day, to keep it in
sync).
Also I'd really like to setup svn at lyx.lyx.org in such a way so that local
accounts is not requred to use it. To accomplish this we have two options
(IMO),
one easy and one a bit harder:

    - svnserve (plain CRAM-MD5 logins.)
    - svnserve with SASL (DIGEST-MD5)

I really belive that svnserve and CRAM-MD5 is easiest for us. Sure there are
some downsides, but from my point of view nothing major.
(I belive the upsides are larger, and dont' get me started on webdav...)

Anyhow... regardless of which solution is choosen now, it can be reworked
later.

--
       Lgb