Lars Gullik Bjønnes <lar...@lyx.org> writes:

> We (I) and agreed deadline with trolltech/nokie that aussie will be turned
> off the 23. This is in one week.
>
> Before then all services running on aussie must be moved to other places. So
> far mail for lyx developers have been moved.

OK

> We have got a new (virtual) server at the University of Bonn. The server can
> be reached at lyx.lyx.org. This server is running debian,
> and I am having some problems adjusting, nothing major, but debian is a
> novel experience to me.

Question: how is this server maintained? Do we have good reasons to be
confident that it will stay afloat better than aussie did?

> So far I have got subversion and trac up and going. Subversion read-only for
> now.

I can confirm that trac is here :)

> I know a bit too little about the new scheme you are using for the web
> pages, so if you one of you have
> a better grip give me a holler and we can work together at getting that up
> and working. Chr has said that we will
> help out with the wiki.

The web site _is_ the wiki. Part of the configuration files are under
svn (www-user). I am not 100% sure of the details, but this has to be on
the wiki!

> Bugzilla is what worries me the most, our installation on aussie is old and
> I have no idea how easy it will be to domp that db
> and reload/upgrade in a different location. So if any of you really know
> bugzilla installation/administratiion give a holler.

And could it be possible to migrate buzilla to the trac that is on
aussie and from there to upgrade to the new trac.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

> Anyhow... since the deadline is looming we have to concentrate efforts, and
> perhaps, in a couple of cases (wiki and bugzilla)
> live with a inferiour solution for a short time.

Agreed.

> Short after aussie is turned off I will move it to my place, first to have a
> place for the old stuff that we can use to get the new server up
> and going, second as a backup server for later. (non-public, but accesible
> for lyx devvies)

Good.

> On the agenda now is to move the official svn server over to lyx.lyx.org,
> the work has been done (only requires an update every day, to keep it in
> sync).

Perfect. So this mean that we abandon sourceforge completely, right?

So far, the plan looks good.