Hi Uwe,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> wrote:
> Your eLyXers is much better than tex4ht as far as I tested. I therefore plan
> to include eLyXer to my Windows installer.

That is an interesting possibility: not include the code in LyX and
just redistribute the executable file as is. I'm all for it.

> We can also directly include it to LyX and I support this. But this decision
> depends on our three Js: José, JMarc, and Jürgen.

Not really necessary as it turns out, but maybe desirable. Another
option would be to leave it to package maintainers on Linux
distributions. Let us see what J&J&J say.

> Using LyX with your program is done by modifying LyX's configure script
> configure.py so that it searches for the elyxer.py file and then do the same
> as for tex4ht in configure.py.

Actually the executable file elyxer (without the extension) is all
that is needed for basic document conversion.

> Concerning your latest release "elyxer-0.17.zip": The folders "extra",
> "samples", and "dist" are empty. When this is intended they can be removed,
> right?

If you do not want to distribute source code and/or documentation all
you really need is the elyxer "executable" file. The layout is
something like this:
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/elyxer.git/tree/
  - src: source code.
  - docs: documentation.
  - extras: right now it contains a couple of templates which are not
used, and so are not distributed.
  - dist: where the distributable files are generated.
  - samples: contains sample documents, not distributed either.
  - test: test files against which the current build is tested.

The bare minimum option would distribute just the elyxer file -- not
too opaque as it has source code, and I have added a link to the
nongnu.org homepage. A more complete distribution might contain
everything but the three folders you mention.

Thanks,

Alex.