On 2009-04-29, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> > What do you think?

If the plan is to keep elyxer development at Savannah, source integration
into LyX is not needed (but still possible if desired). Instead, elyxer
should be integrated in the sense of a supporting application like latex,
or ps2pdf:

1. Let LyX find the program and generate a menu entry for export/view HTML
   via elyxer.

> Using LyX with your program is done by modifying LyX's configure script
> configure.py so that it searches for the elyxer.py file and then do the
> same as for tex4ht in configure.py.

2. "Advertise" elyxer by including it in the list of recommended programs.

> Your eLyXers is much better than tex4ht as far as I tested. I therefore
> plan to include eLyXer to my Windows installer.

  For Linux distributions this would mean a "recommendation" or
  "suggestion" in the lyx package. (Hopefully there will be an elyxer
  Debian package soon.)

3. Describe elyxer as a LyX->HTML converter option in the LyX Manual.

Could you file an enhancement request at trac?

Günter