Pavel Sanda wrote:
Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Pavel Sanda wrote:
As said, I do not understand why eLyXer should be separated from that
paradigma.
i tried to explain - difference in technology and target too (mainly based
what can (not) be read from latex output).
Yes, but I'm not convinced by this at all. tex4ht is at least as far away from hevea in this regard. The fact that eLyXer reads a lyx file does not matter at all, IMHO. The conversion chain does not matter. Who cares that tex4ht actually does DVI->HTML conversion?

i dont know the look of hevea output so i dont know... maybe some other devs
want
to share their opinion too?

Actually, my own view is that we ought to be able to offer as many options as possible. For example, why do we have three pdf formats, but only one html option? Why not have HTML (hevea), HTML (tex4ht), and so on and so forth? I guess the answer is probably: It'd crowd the menu. But esp with HTML, having as many different options as possible is probably good, since each of the choices has its own pros and cons.

I'm not proposing we list each one separately, but find some way to detect them all and then configure things appropriately.

Richard