Pavel Sanda wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:
I'm not proposing we list each one separately, but find some way to detect them all and then configure things appropriately.

i dont understand this proposal. we detect them all. then what?

Set up formats for each one. So you'd have html1, which used hevea, html2, which used latex2html, and however many others are detected, and then each would appear on the Export menu. As I said, this could get to be too many, but maybe there could be submenus on the menu, instead, so you'd have something like:

Exports-->PDF -->ps2pdf
                pdflatex
                dvipdf
         HTML-->hevea
                plastex
eLyXer
and so forth, for whatever options there are.

Richard