On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Allan Rae wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Angus Leeming wrote:
>
> > Attached is a patch implementing Allan's suggestions about a FormInset base
> > class. I've actually implemented three small new classes:
> >
> > FormBaseBI and FormBaseBD are base classes for Buffer Independent and Buffer
> > Dependent dialogs respectively. FormInset is, in turn, derived from
> > FormBaseBD.
>
> [sigh] Didn't I tell you not to run off and implement this stuff for a few
> days so we could have time to think about it. ;-)
[...]

Good news... I'll apply it to my tree.

and then I'll do the stuff below:

> An alternative fix would be by making
>       Signal1<void, bool> updateBufferDependent;
>
> Such that true == "buffer change", and false == "same buffer".

[...]

> > I've also got my head around overloading connect() and disconnect() in
> > the daughter classes.  Incidentally, Allan, I think that the names of
> > these methods are fine. Think of them as meaning "things to be done on
> > connection" rather than simply "connect signals".

Why is it then that you wanted to add an ihSignal_ in FormInset when it
would make more sense to just make the connection in the appropriate
showInset() like it used to be done?  Over zealous perhaps?

There are a few things that'll be easy to clean up before I commit it.
(mostly related to redefining the updateBufferDepedent signal)

Allan. (ARRae)