Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
to me it was fixed by new search pane. Vincent however have idea
to convert the current simple search dialog into search bar. opinions?
anybody wants to work on it? otherwise c.

I've already done some work on it. I really want to have this in 2.0.0,
so we have a polished brand new search and replace functionality.

If not before 2.0.0, it must be done as soon as possible, so never c).
Leuven recently proposed a rework of the current simple-search dialog. Are we going to have 3 search facilities ?
- simple-search dialog
- advanced-search pane
- simple-search bar ?

Or, are you thinking to just replace the simple-search dialog with the bar ?

   T.