Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> writes:
> last call for 2.0 feature requests we have reported.

I am really late with this, but I am a bit overwhelmed by work and baby,

> * http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4072
> Default document settings in .layout files

Personnally, I am against this feature as it is presented.
The layout file can already set the latex defaults.

> * http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4286
> Improved statistics (SWeave) support
>
> JMarc?  btw i'm generally lost whats the sweave status.
> are there some issues you still plan to do
> or just documentation is missing now?

I marked the bug as fixedintrunk and opened new ones for each separate
problem. The milestone is 2.0.0 for now, but we have to discuss this.

Here is what is not yet done in sweave support:

- find a way to read local files. If I have a
   read.table("foo.txt")
  in the file, it will fail because R is ran from the tmp dir. Since
   there is no PATH-like support in R, I do not know how to solve the
   problem. I should try to contact R developers about this
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6623

- pass the "noae" option to Sweave to make sure it does not ruin our
  font settings.
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6624

- currently, Sweave reads the files in the encoding of the current
  locale. This fails as soon as the locale is UTF-8 and the document is
  8bit (because the characters themselves are ruined). We need to find a
  way to pass the encoding to the function.
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6625

I have also work that I did not finish to allow creating insets for
verbatim contents (like ERT, but not hardcoded). I would have liked to
finish this before 2.0, but my time is very scarce.