> Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:39:04 +0100
> From: Yann MORERE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: LyX devel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Problem compiling lyx with gnome on a linux box
>
> Hello lyx developpers...
>
> I've got problems compiling lyx with gnome on linux box
>
> here is the error whene configureing with
> ./configure --with-frontend=gnome
> [...]
> checking for gtk-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gtk-config
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... yes
> [...]
> gtk is well detected ...
>
> but
>
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> checking for XOpenIM... yes
> checking for  /usr/bin/gtkmm-config
> checking for GTK-- - version >= 1.2.1... no
> *** Could not run GTK-- test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
> for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK-- was incorrectly
> installed
> *** or that you have moved GTK-- since it was installed. In the latter
> case, you
> *** may want to edit the gtkmm-config script: /usr/bin/gtkmm-config
> configure: error: Cannot find GTK--: Please install Version 1.2.1+
> [yann@venusia lyx-1.1.6pre1]$ rpm -qa | grep gtk
> gtk+10-1.0.6-6
> gtk-engines-0.7-1
> pygtk-0.6.2-2
> gtk+-1.2.8-1
> gtk+-devel-1.2.8-1
> [yann@venusia lyx-1.1.6pre1]$
>
> i've got no gtkmm-config program in my linux box.
>
> where is the problem.
>
> did i forgot something on more time ;-)

Hi Yann!

indeed, you've forgotten to install some required libraries. LyX gnome
port requires three additional libraries: gtk--, gnome--, and libsigc++.
You can obtain these fine libraries from

gtk--  : http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/ (take the latest one)
gnome--: http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/ (take the latest one,1.1.12(beta))
libsigc++: http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/

Then run configure with the following options: --with-frontend=gnome
--without-included-libsigc --disable-sigctest . Enjoy the partly gnomefied
LyX!

Marko